IAGG COLLABORATING CENTRE
April 15th, 2009 - April 14th,2013
St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology was established in 1992 and has been engaged in research in bioregulation and gerontology.
Research activities of the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology of the North-Western Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences are related to:
- fundamental studies on the mechanisms of ageing, improvement of methods for diagnosis and prognosis of various diseases, development of research and production programmes in bioregulation and gerontology;
- design, clinical study and introduction into the clinical practice of medications, state-of-the-art technologies of diagnostics and therapy for the purpose of early diagnostics, prevention and treatment of age-related pathologies;
- propagation of research findings in the field of bioregulation and gerontology (by organizing scientific conferences, publishing research papers etc.)
The primary objectives of the IAGG Collaboration Centre consist in:
promoting the development of gerontology; integrating the research results with practice internationally;
establishing and maintaining contacts with other IAGG Collaborating Centres;
organizing and convening meetings to exchange and discuss research and practical results;
providing research and methodological assistance in teaching gerontology and geriatrics;
promoting and distributing knowledge and recent scientific achievements in the field of the Society’s activity.
1. Collection of papers on the activity and achievements of the European Gerontological Socoeties in in the field of biogerontology for further publication jn the Journal «BIOGERONTOLOGY» (Chief Editor: Suresh Rattan).
2. Establishment of the office of IAGG ER in St.Petersburg on the basis of the Institute to coordinate activities of Gerontological Societies of CIS and other post-soviet countries.
3. Distribution of information on the possibility of defending PhD ion Gerontology at the Institute.
4. Participation in preparation of national and international conferences in gerontology with the issue of Information Letter.
5. Exchange of Specialists
6. Distribution of research publications and methodic papers in the area of gerontology and geriatrics.
7. Making the «“PREVENTION OF AGE-RELATED PATHOLOGY AND ACCELERATED AGEING, REDUCTION OF PREMATURE MORTALITY DUE TO BIOLOGICAL FACTORS, AND EXPANDING HEALTHY PERIOD OF LIFE FOR THE WORLD POPULATION” available to the Societies